ABOUT THE FILM
MAKE AN IMPACT
There are individuals of all identities that stand to be affirmed, uplifted, and empowered by BeBe’s story.
At a moment when the backlash against gender expansiveness is extra heightened, our aim is for the unique and positive representation in this film to be a useful tool in support of efforts to make the world a safer place for all the “Baby BeBes” out there.
Why host a screening?
Unlike watching a film at home alone, hosting an in-person or virtual screening is a powerful way to build & strengthen your community.
Hosting a screening of BEING BEBE, with Marshall (aka BeBe), the filmmaker, and folks from your community all present is an especially unique, uplifting and memorable experience – and generous offering – for your organization’s members.
BEING BEBE is a film that:
- Challenges stereotypes & prejudice
- Represents, destigmatizes & empowers diverse gender expression
- Inspires persistence, self-acceptance & empowerment
- Celebrates the value & power of art
- Models family acceptance & love
“As a Queer young woman living in Africa…this necessary documentary is exactly the positive representation we could all use right now.”
– Judy Bokao, Matthew’s Place,
A Program of the Matthew Shepard Foundation
“Moving, captivating, inspiring – It’s everything… Millions of people across the globe – especially young black queer people – will be very moved and inspired.”
– Micheal Ighodaro, Activist & Board Member
“An abundant intersection of cultural issues… the drag documentary that the modern world needs to see.”
– Jasmine Valentine, Movie Marker (UK)
POTENTIAL THEMES FOR Q&A/PANEL DISCUSSION:
• Family Acceptance
• Persistence & Resilience
• Embracing Your Culture
• Labels re: Sexuality & Gender
• International LGBTQ+ Rights & Safety
• Importance, Power & Joy of Self-Expression
• Pursuing a Creative/Entrepreneurial Career
HOW DOES IT WORK?
SCREENING + Q&A EXPERIENCE WITH BEBE** & THE FILMMAKER
- virtual or in-person
- popular format: present clips as part of a fireside chat w/ BeBe** & the film director; and share the full 56-minute or 93-minute version of the film for 7-days on either side of this event via our virtual streaming portal
- public performance license to share with your community – and even make it a fundraiser for your organization!
- host your community group’s own live zoom Q&A
- email invite templates & artwork available
- includes collaborative planning around format, clips and sample questions, customized to your organization’s top goals & priorities
**Note that BeBe’s availability is very limited in June 2023 – rates for events with BeBe’s appearance subject to a premium at that time
AWARENESS DATES 2023:
• May 17 – IDAHOTIB (Int’l Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, Intersexphobia & Biphobia)
• JUNE – LGBTQ PRIDE MONTH
• July 9-14 – Non-binary Awareness Week
• July 16 – Int’l Drag Day
• October – LGBTQ History Month
• Nov 13-20 – Trans Awareness Week
…plus any conferences or internal dates significant to your organization!
YOU KNOW YOUR COMMUNITY BEST.
Let us know about you & your screening goals using the form below.
How might a screening of BEING BEBE support & amplify your work? Our team will follow-up soon and answer any questions you may have.