ABOUT THE FILM
MAKE AN IMPACT
There are individuals of all identities around the world that stand to be affirmed, uplifted, and empowered by BeBe’s story.
At a moment when the backlash against gender expansiveness is extra heightened in the U.S. and abroad, our aim is for the unique and positive representation in this film to be a useful tool supporting efforts to make the world a safer place for all the “Baby BeBes” out there.
Why host a screening?
Unlike watching a film at home alone, hosting an in-person or virtual screening is a powerful way to strengthen mutual understanding & belonging at work.
Hosting a screening of BEING BEBE, with Marshall (aka BeBe), the filmmaker, and your team all sharing interactively is an especially unique, uplifting and memorable experience.
BEING BEBE is a film that:
- Challenges stereotypes & prejudice
- Represents, destigmatizes & empowers diverse gender expression
- Inspires persistence, self-acceptance & empowerment
- Celebrates the value & power of art
- Models family acceptance & love
“This necessary documentary comes at a time when drag performances are being threatened with anti-LGBTQ laws. A drag queen story told with integrity is exactly the positive representation we could all use right now.”
– Judy Bokao, Matthew’s Place,
A Program of the Matthew Shepard Foundation
“We were so happy to provide this screening and Q&A for our company’s Pride event… We got such positive feedback from everybody who participated.”
– Sierra Pritchard, Office & Talent Manager, One North
“An abundant intersection of cultural issues… the drag documentary that the modern world needs to see.”
– Jasmine Valentine, Movie Marker (UK)
POTENTIAL THEMES FOR Q&A/PANEL DISCUSSION:
• Family Acceptance
• Persistence & Resilience
• Embracing Your Culture
and Whole self
• Labels re: Sexuality & Gender
• International LGBTQ+ Rights & Safety
• Importance, Power & Joy of Self-Expression
“I didn’t realize how much I needed to see this film. Emotional, funny, inspiring!”
– Audience member at Fulbright Screening
HOW DOES IT WORK?
SCREENING + Q&A EXPERIENCE WITH BEBE** & THE FILMMAKER
- virtual or in-person
- popular format: present clips as part of a fireside chat w/ BeBe** & the film director; and share the full 56-minute or 93-minute version of the film for 7-days on either side of this event via our virtual streaming portal
- includes public performance license to share the film with your ERGs or whole company
- email invite templates & artwork available
- includes collaborative planning around format, clips and sample questions, customized to your organization’s top goals & priorities
**Note that BeBe’s availability is very limited in June 2023 – rates for events with BeBe’s appearance subject to a premium at that time
AWARENESS DATES 2023:
• May 17 – IDAHOTIB (Int’l Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, Intersexphobia & Biphobia)
• JUNE – LGBTQ PRIDE MONTH
• July 9-14 – Non-binary Awareness Week
• July 16 – Int’l Drag Day
• October – LGBTQ History Month
• Nov 13-20 – Trans Awareness Week
…plus any conferences or internal dates significant to your organization!
YOU KNOW YOUR TEAM BEST.
Let us know about you & your screening goals using the form below.
How might a screening of BEING BEBE support & amplify your work? Our team will follow-up soon and answer any questions you may have.